Friday, April 12, 2013

E.R. visit Part 1

So, I got to spend some quality time in the Emergency Room yesterday, and it looks like I may be on my way back. I could do without that.

I went into work yesterday and while I was there I was experiencing some discomfort in places that I won't talk about. I went home after an incredibly awkward conversation with one of my superiors in private about why I was leaving. After going home, I made an appointment with a doctor for a few hours later, and proceeded to wait, which failed miserably because my pain level went from about a 5 to an 11 in about an hour's time. So...I set off for Instacare because I didn't want to go to the ER because I didn't want to pay the ER's copay. Instacare woudn't touch me with a ten foot pole and offered to either call me an ambulance to go around the block to go to the ER or I could drive myself over there. I drove. Because there was no way I was going to pay for an ambulance to do what I could do in twenty seconds, no matter how much pain I was in.

So, after about 4 hours of lots of Morphine, peeing in a cup, bloodwork, and a Cat Scan, the doctor finally came in to say "we have no idea what's wrong with you. Go home." Okay, he didn't say it EXACTLY like that, but that's how it felt. Then, the nurses and hospital tech's came back and proceeded to push me out the door like I had contracted the plague and they would all come down with it if I didn't leave the building in the next thirty seconds. Very comforting.

No comments: